[Air-l] Available Chat/IM Tools?

MSJANEW at aol.com MSJANEW at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 10:00:20 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/25/2003 3:20:26 PM Central Standard Time,
elw at stderr.org writes:

> IRC

Elijah,

Thanks for your informed and helpful info re Jabber. I briefly visited their
website and it looks like a possibility. I am a little fuzzy on what the deal
is--is this freeware that anyone can use or are there strings attached that I
don't see? I would love to include chat as a component of the sports smarts
website but at the moment I am putting this whole thing together on a shoestring
and money is almost nonexistent. I think I can get a web server to host this,
via an associate, but I am not sure what the Jabber company is getting out of
it, or if that is what the best approach would be.

Thanks for your advice,

Matt