[Air-l] panel on net spaces, identity .....

Nils Zurawski nils.zurawski at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Dec 16 03:47:25 PST 2003

Dear fellow internet reseachers,

for next year's conference in Sussex, I would like to put together a
panel on identity and transnational netspaces. I am interested in the
dynamics of diaspora groups and the formation of identity in
connection with global or indeed local communication on over with the
internet.

As I am involved in such a project focusing on the russian migrant
and diaspora community and their relation to Russia, through
discourses, activism, political engagement and literature I would
like to explore this theme a little further and go beyond the simple
use of Internet by minority groups - are they indeed minority, when
present on the Internet?! - and look at the dynamics of
communications and diaspora/migrant groups.

Would anybody be interested in exploring these issues? I thought of a
panel of 3-4 papers, with a lively discussion on theory and practice,
maybe more a discussion panel session than a consecutive presentation
of longer papers...

Awaiting your ideas and comments and maybe contributions....

best
nilz
--
Dr. Nils Zurawski