[Air-l] Surveillance Query

Andrew Herman AHERMAN at holycross.edu
Wed Feb 5 12:02:01 PST 2003

LOL.  I'm glad to see that I am not the only who has made such mistake.

BTW, I hope you enjoy Iowa--you should look up Thom Swiss while you are there.

Andrew Herman, Ph. D.
Visiting Associate Professor of Sociology
College of the Holy Cross
Worcester, MA 01610
(508) 793-2531

>>> MAndrejevic at mail.fairfield.edu 02/05/03 01:41PM >>>
Hi Fred,
Great to hear from you, and thanks for the heads up: the site I saw was a
cell phone one, I still haven't tracked it down, but have received some
others which do the same thing. I'm just waiting for the corollary site: a
place where you can register people you don't like in order to avoid them.
That's it: my doctom idea. I'm ready to cash in.

Here's the San Diego update by the way: they offered me an interview, but
Schudson made it clear it was going to be a long shot(I didn't particularly
enjoy hearing that, but I greatly appreciated his honesty). I didn't feel
like making Iowa wait six weeks to hear that I'd been turned down by UCSD,
so I ended up withdrawing from the search, even though I would have liked a
free trip to that nice hotel overlooking the La Jolla cove. I really like
the department there, and the lifestyle...but I'm not complaining: the Iowa
gig is great. Plus, I'll get to play ultimate frisbee with John Durham
Peters!
Best,
Mark