[Air-l] references/surveys on security/privacy?

Berquist at uts.cc.utexas.edu Berquist at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 7 15:11:18 PST 2003

Eszter,

You should find some data among the U.S. Government reports on Identity Theft:
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION
National and State Trends in Fraud and Identity Theft (68 Pages) Jan. 2003
http://www.consumer.gov/sentinel/pubs/Top10Fraud_2002.pdf
(Related links)
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/idtheft.htm
http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/
http://www.consumer.gov/ncpw/coninfo.htm

GENERAL ACCOUNTING OFFICE
Identity Theft: Greater Awareness and Use of Existing Data Are Needed. GAO-02-
766  June 28, 2002
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d02766.pdf

Identity Theft: Prevalence and Cost Appear to be Growing. GAO-02-363  March 1,
2002
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d02363.pdf

DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS)
http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/crimes.html

OTHER
Identity Theft Resource Center
http://www.idtheftcenter.org/