[Air-l] ethical guidelines for chat rooms?

Denise Carter denisecarter at denisecarter.net
Thu Feb 13 08:03:50 PST 2003

> Can anyone on the mailing list direct me to the most
> recent ethical recommendations for research on chat
> rooms?

hi janet,
i recently contributed a short piece on ethics in cyberethnography that was
part of a special issue of Anthropology in Action called 'effective ethics
and the effects of ethics'

Carter, Denise M (2002) 'Cyberethnography: The Anthropology of New Places',
in, Anthropology in Action:Journal for Applied Anthropology in Policy and
Practice. Vol9, no3.

if you are interested i can send you a copy

regards
denise