[Air-l] war, fear, movements, and the net

Quentin (Gad) Jones quentin.jones at njit.edu
Sun Feb 23 08:11:20 PST 2003

david silver wrote:
> a quick point regarding the appropriateness of a discussion of global
> peace movements and/using the internet on a list like air-l:
>
>>In short, political discussions belong on political lists, not here.
>
> using similar logic, should we say that a post about feminist and
> feminist-bashing web sites pertains only to a women's studies list?

Your argument is removed from the point. I think it should be clear that
only 2 of the posting to this list were primarily political.  Those two
were focused on engaging members in political action regarding Turkey
and made the assumption that members of the list were against military
intervention in Iraq.  They were not about internet cultural, research,
issues, although a follow up message on effectiveness of email was.

Quentin