[Air-l] Panel Proposal - Digital Divide

Suely Fragoso SUELY at icaro.unisinos.br
Thu Feb 20 10:38:39 PST 2003

Dear all

I am planning to submit a paper to IRv4 broadening the discussion of
the digital divide, and as I see no signs of anyone offering to organise a
Panel about that I decided to volunteer to do so. The idea is to take
the discussion further from the 'with economic means to access/without
access' dichotomy, bringing other factors, such as quality of access
and cultural matters, to the equation. Obviously this does not mean to
exclude the issue of wired/unwirable. General concerns on human
geography and web design, focusing on digital divisions and
hierarchies would be welcome.

Anyone interested in organising this panel with me (or thinking of
organising something similar and afraid of me getting in the way),
please get in touch at

suely at icaro.unisinos.br

Sue Fragoso

Dr. Suely Fragoso