[Air-l] Is this What the Air List Is For???? (a Thank You!)

KeithDoyon at aol.com KeithDoyon at aol.com
Thu Feb 20 19:24:34 PST 2003

> Isn't this essentially a social science list?

not necessarily, it is an internet research list and the primary list
of the association of internet researcher which has members across many
disciplines as varied as mathematics and physics to information studies
to philosophy, the social sciences, geography, science studies,
education, etc. etc. etc. (and etc. I don't want to leave anyone out),
in short, we run the whole spectrum:)  internet research is an
interdisciplinary study as we define it on the aoir.org site.

Being a brand new member and new to the list, I would like to thank the
person who posed the question and all those who took time to respond for
giving me a much broader appreciation for what A(o)IR is than I had yet
gleaned from the website.  I am also deeply impressed with, and appreciative
of, the civility shown across the board.  Seriously, thanks to everyone.
Keith