[Air-l] Undernet's Birthday

Guillaume Latzko-Toth latzko-toth.guillaume at uqam.ca
Tue Feb 4 20:06:43 PST 2003

Dear fellow Internet researchers,

Although Saturdays are generally for being anywhere *but* on the Net, an
important gathering will take place on the Undernet IRC network on Saturday
(February 8th), channel #liveevents, at 20h00 UTC (formerly known as GMT).

This will be to celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of the most famous
and prosperous Internet Relay Chat networks (see below for details about
the event). The interesting thing will be the "presence" of the "founders"
of this network.

About a year ago, Jeremy opened a thread here, titled: "hmm, thinking about
internet stories", and he mentioned the story of the Undernet as one of his
"classic" history of the Internet. Having this in mind, and after the
reading of Mirashi's brief "History of the Undernet"
(http://www.user-com.undernet.org/documents/uhistory.html), I invite you to
join me to attend this joyful "e-event".

Note: 20h00 in Universal Time is: 3:00 PM in (American) Eastern Standard
Time (like in Montreal, New York), 8:00 PM in England, 9:00 PM in France,
Spain and Germany.

In your IRC client, type:
/server us.undernet.org
or /server eu.undernet.org

Then type: /join #liveevents

My nickname will be: Alix or Alix-

Hoping to meet some of you there,

Guillaume Latzko-Toth
PhD student in communication studies
Université du Québec à Montréal / Université Paris II
http://grm.uqam.ca/membres/latzko.htm

--------------
http://www.undernet.org/
Happy Birthday Undernet ! 26/12/2002
Dear Undernet Community:

The Promotions Project is glad to invite all you to the greatest IRC live
event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Undernet. This event
will be held on February, the 8th (Saturday) at 20:00 GMT in the
channel #liveevents

Within our special guests for this event we will have:

The Undernet Founders
Past and current Cservice co-ordinators
Past and current Usercom co-ordinators
Coder-com senior coders

and more, many more !!

Don't miss this great opportunity to learn a lot more about your
dearest network. And if you like to send us questions in advance for
the guests, you are encouraged to email us at
promotions at undernet.org and we will make them fit into a neat cool
questionnaire. We'll be waiting for your contribution and your presence
in the event.

Let's wish Undernet 100 years more of existance !!! See you at the
event

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!

The Undernet Promotions Department