[Air-l] FC: How anti-Iraq war protesters employed technology, from NYT

Ed Lamoureux ell at bradley.edu
Sun Feb 23 07:56:13 PST 2003

the other side of this also strikes me as interesting/compelling, and
worthy of study:
in that digital leaves tracks [tracks which are generally unprotected
by both technology and law], and in that laws of all sorts protect
phone, mail, and personal exchanges [the old ways of organizing were,
in many instances, "protected" or at least covered over by civil
liberties] . . . the real "difference" may be the extent to which new
[digital] and  ostensibly "secret" and "subversive" activities may be
even more open to surveillance and prosecution.