[Air-l] E-mail versus Web Time/Behavior

Anderson, Ben benander at essex.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 01:36:12 PST 2003

> How much _time_ does an average U.S. (or other country) Net
> user spend using
> e-mail at home or work?

p146-149, ch 4 (Anderson & Tracey) of Barry Wellman and Caroline Humphrey's edited collection 'Internet in Everyday Life' has some UK data from 2000. I have much more recent data in front of me but have not had time to write it up yet :-)

Other chapters in that book may well have data on the US and elsewhere although a brief glance suggests it is mostly 'frequency of use' rather than time per se.

Ben
--
Dr Ben Anderson
Chimera, University of Essex, UK