[Air-l] non-US Internet use

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 13 09:06:31 PST 2003

Greg Wise, et al:

Some sources I know (really well) of non-US Internet use (there is a huge
amount, so Greg, please list scope conditions):

1. Wellman-Haythornthwaite, _The Internet in Everyday Life_ (Blackwells
2002) has a bunch of chapters (Germany, Canada, Japan, India, UK). Plus a
comparative data chapter ("The Global Villagers').

2. The Universitat Oberta Catalunya website has a book-length report about
the Internet in Catalonia. Manuel Castells is the first author. I (with
Isabel Diaz de Isla) have a chapter doing my Users and Uses thing.
Originally, only in Spanish, but Catalan and English translations may have
been posted.

 Barry

  wellman at chass.utoronto.ca   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman