[Air-l] IM and SMS: Linguistic Analysis

Mark Pegrum m.a.pegrum at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 00:48:21 PST 2003

Hi Naomi,

I don't actually have corpora available, but I am doing some work on
the issue of changes in written language occasioned by use of
email in particular.  My main focus is on English and, more
specifically, English as a Foreign/Second Language - and the
advantages/problems for English learners of the kinds of changes
occurring within electronic media.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you wish.

Dr. Mark Pegrum
Lecturer in Applied Languages
University of Dundee
Scotland