[Air-l] recording .swf and .mov

Jonathan Lillie jlillie at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Jan 12 13:20:34 PST 2003

I am trying to get some movies (.swf and .mov) from Nokia.com for
my dissertation research....but getting the direct URLs to the files and trying to "save as" is not
working. Somehow I was able to save one .swf but it won't run of my
drive, I think becuase it is trying to access some other files.

I have been able to get around the same problem with RealMedia files
designed not be be copied by using some hacker software designed
specifically to work with RealServer. Does anything similar exist for Shockwave or
Quicktime? Does one of the delux versions of Quicktime allow you to "save
as" once you have a URL for a .mov? I have tried some of the motion
capture software, but the frame rates are not fast enough and this does
not capture the all important audio.

Here are two examples of files I am trying to get:

shockwave example
http://www.nokia.com/flash/phones/7210/index.html
http://www.nokia.com/flash/phones/7210/player_7210.swf

quicktime example