[Air-l] The U.S. Supreme Court endorses bad copyright law

Ulf Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Wed Jan 15 11:25:33 PST 2003

At 10:41 Uhr -0600 15.1.2003, Logie wrote:

>The Internet is only as strong as its content. This ruling
>effectively halts the entry of texts from the 1920s-forward into the
>public domain. The case suggests that despite the ever-increasing
>speed and reach of the 'Net, U.S. media law will remain stubbornly
>sluggish and restrictive. I encourage you all to monitor your local
>representatives' votes and actions with respect to intellectual
>property policy, and to take steps which will ensure maximal public
>access (while, of course, fairly compensating creators).

John, colleagues,
the INTERnet is international. Consequently, no single national law
alone can dictate what is to be published or not to be published on
the Internet. If you would like to see something on the 'net - just
give it a technical location at some other point of the world.
Best from Switzerland,
--u