[Air-l] Wellman and Haythornthwaite

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Sat Jan 18 10:19:53 PST 2003

Colleagues,

Last week I got my copy of Wellman and Haythornthwaite's new
collection _The Internet in Everyday Life_ and I have been reading
through it. It is wonderful. Thanks to Barry and Caroline for putting
it together and to the many Aoir-ers whose work is included. It
really does move us forward and provides a great foundation for those
of us who want to argue for differentiated ways of understanding the
internet, and for understanding the internet as integrated into
mundane life rather than set in opposition to it.

Not a paid announcement, just a token of sincere appreciation,

Nancy
Nancy Baym 	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Communication Studies, University of Kansas
102 Bailey Hall, 1440 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Association of Internet Researchers: http://aoir.org