[Air-l] space and surveillance.... at IR 4.0 ??

Nils Zurawski zurawsk at uni-muenster.de
Mon Jan 20 12:44:42 PST 2003

Dear Aoir's,

the deadline is coming closer and I wanted to get this on the list
for some time.. now I at least make a start...

In Maastricht I attented two sessions on surveillance and one on
space... all three of them dealing with interestin and important
issues.... some overlapping....as in the end it is some form of space
and its elements that is surveilled.... anyhow.. for this years
conference I would like to propose some kind of panel on these
matters to gather some of the ideas around and discuss open questions
that some of you may have on this... what are the interesting fields
of research and problems ahead in this regard...internet surveillance
and surveillance with and over the internet will probably  a big
issues in the next years......What are the concepts to discuss this,
policies to be aware of and possible actions against this.... to
focus this wide field of research it might be interesting to give
such a panel a second focus , namely that of space... .. conceptions
of space ..... possibilities to create social space under the impact
of surveillance... cyberspace as a place to hide or not....???

Would some of you be interested in such a panel... session...?? If
so, let me know personally.... share your ideas and what you
think..... we then can take it from there and develop the idea
further....

best wishes ...
nilz