[Air-l] work and ICT - literature query

david_eddy_spicer at harvard.edu david_eddy_spicer at harvard.edu
Sun Jan 12 07:50:41 PST 2003

Louise,

I just came across a special issue of Scandinavian Journal of Information
Systems that provides a good orientation to Activity Theory perspectives
on the question you pose below:

Bertelsen, O. W., & Bødker, S. (2000). Introduction: Information
technology in human activity. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, 12, 3-14.

They reference all the usual suspects: Nardi (1996); Engeström (many
cites); Kuutti (esp. in Nardi). The intro also mentions cites that link AT
perspectives with empirical research in a range of locales, including
those that combine symbolic interactionism & actor-network frameworks.

Hope this is helpful.

David

lou at louiseferguson.com
Sent by: air-l-admin at aoir.org