[Air-l] key terms/concepts for understanding the web

Robert Luke robert.luke at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 30 05:06:34 PST 2003

This perhaps betrays my own bias, but what about learning?  There is a rather significant focus on the web as a locus of and for learning, lifelong learning, formal and informal education, etc.  This could perhaps be included in other aspects of your chapters...

I would also include accessibility, digital diversity and digitial divides as important concepts for understanding the potential impact(s) and in/exclusion of all things webbish. Accessibility in particular has expanded the meaning of the web exponentially.  "For people without disabilities,
technology makes things convenient, for people with disabilities, it makes things possible."

Robert