[Air-l] Please help to find the number of school websites

Mark Warschauer markw at uci.edu
Wed Jul 23 07:24:57 PDT 2003

I would guess that almost every high school in the US has a web site,
together with most junior high or middle schools and a large number
of elementary schools.  In other words, a number that is far too
large and rapidly changing to count.

Maybe to make your point you could select a certain district, such as
the Rochester City School District, and try to find out what percent
of its schools have web sites.  To find that out, I would go to the
Rochester City School District web site and see what links you could
find from there.  Then I might supplement that by searching for the
names of the individual schools (which you'll find on the district
site).
Mark

Mark Warschauer
Vice Chair, Department of Education
Associate Professor, Dept. of Education and Dept. of Informatics
University of California, Irvine
tel: 949: 824-2526,  fax: (949) 824-2965
markw at uci.edu; http://www.gse.uci.edu/markw