[Air-l] network density on friendster

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Jul 29 19:53:30 PDT 2003

I just logged into Friendster again and through Matt Stoner, I now have
close to 5000 people in that social network, though i know few of them.
  Matt of course thus would have all of those minus one, because I was
somewhat uninterested in Friendster until i saw this new number.  So
thus I'm wondering if any other members of AoIR have played with
Friendster and what have they found?  Specifically, I'm wondering if
this probably fits the old sixdegrees.com cloud system, and whether the
core and periphery of those clouds are well defined, as they were at
sixdegrees.com

jeremy hunsinger
jhuns at vt.edu
on the ibook
www.cddc.vt.edu
www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy
www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy/blog

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments