[Air-l] network density on friendster

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Thu Jul 31 17:59:56 PDT 2003

yup, yup, i'm subscribed to your blog danah.

I'm not as interested in the same thing in this system as you, though I
work on similar topics in other systems.  To me, friendster is a
derivative technology of the original sixdegrees, and in that,
sixdegrees had certain population characteristics,  there were nodal
regularities in network densities among groups. in short, there was one
big cloud of people and then several small clouds.  in the last week i
think i've seen the same thing, though I don't ahve access to the
numbers yet to show it, on friendster.  a cloud is a group of people
who are all connected and have similar network densities.  peripheral
members may be in many clouds of course because they are at the fringe
of several density gradients.