[Air-l] Was Communication research Methods; now qualitative research methods

amarkham amarkham at uic.edu
Tue Jul 29 13:08:45 PDT 2003

Hi Denise,

I agree that _Landscapes of Qualitative Inquiry_ is a key text in qualitative
research and very useful for laying out the various traditions of inquiry.

This book is actually the first half of Denzin and Lincoln's _Handbook of
Qualitative Research_, published as one unit in 2000 and split in two
paperback books in 2003 (which makes it more affordable).  You'll also be
interested in the other half:  _Strategies of Qualitative Inquiry_.

Incidentally, they're in the process of putting together the 3rd edition.

Cheers,

Annette Markham