[Air-l] email extraction program

Rhiannon Bury welshwitch75 at rogers.com
Sun Jul 20 14:04:32 PDT 2003

Hi all:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a program that turns email messages (I
use Netscape 7) into text files?  I tried mail2txt but it included all
the hidden html codes, which means I'll still have to strip each one
individually. I'm trying to find the most painless way to get 4 months
of listserv messages into text files so I can import them into QSR N6
for analysis! I was led to believe that this latest version of NUD*IST
had a utility to do this itself ("swift data import"). But no! All
documents must be text files, which was the case when I used it last a
few versions back. Grrrr.

Rhiannon

Rhiannon Bury
Assistant Professor