[Air-l] democracy and culture

Charles Ess cmess at lib.drury.edu
Tue Jul 1 06:54:31 PDT 2003

Dear Gina:

Um, sure - though it's probably not what you're expecting...
(a) it's not online, but I'd be happy to send you a copy,
(b) Ess, Charles. "Liberal Arts and Distance Education: Can Socratic Virtue
(arete) and Confucius' Exemplary Person (junzi) Be Taught Online?" Arts and
Humanities in Higher Education, vol. 2, no. 2 (June, 2003): 117-137.

(Steve Jones kindly pointed out that this article was highlighted in a
recent _Chronicle of Higher Education_ online, but the brief review is
available only to subscribers.  Sorry I can't provide a simple link!)

All best wishes,

Charles Ess
Distinguished Research Professor, Interdisciplinary Studies
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.                          Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA            FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html
Co-chair, CATaC: http://www.it.murdoch.edu.au/catac/

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23