[Air-l] Netstudy.ca

Peter West peterwest at rogers.com
Wed Jul 16 15:09:41 PDT 2003

Hello all!

I am a master's student at the University of Western Ontario.  (Faculty of
Information & Media Studies - MA in Media Studies)
I have recently constructed a website in order to compile and share
information about doing research with\on the internet.  http://netstudy.ca

I don't have very much content just yet, but I hope to have a fair sized
collection compiled by the end of August.

    My reasons for writing today are twofold:

1.  Online Database for Annotated References
I would like to have a database of annotated references (books, journal
articles, AV, websites, organizations etc...) that can be searched and
easily added to by visitors to the site.  Anybody who has experience with
database design etc or who knows of an open-source software package that
would serve my needs is urged to get in touch with me!

2.  Special Interest Groups & Volunteers

It occurred to me that people may be interested in hosting special interest
groups (SIGs) related to their area of interest or expertise. For those of
you who are unfamiliar with the concept, it would basically be a corner of
the website dedicated to a particular topic.(Fitting broadly under the scope
of researching the net, or conducting research online.) Volunteers would be
free to compile information and facilitate forum discussions relating to
their own areas of specialization\interest..

SIGS could be organized around disciplines \ research techniques \ or any
other special interest.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in volunteering to maintain a
special interest group on Netstudy.ca, please send me an email with some
background information and a little bit about the vision you have for your
special interest group.

Professors and administrators are also encouraged to forward this message to
students.

Peter West

http://netstudy.ca

peterwest at netstudy.ca