[Air-l] Newspaper talk-backing in Spain

Adolfo Estalella adolfoestalella at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 17 02:36:58 PDT 2003

Hi, about the questions send by Jacob Hecht on the
talk-backing, I can tell that in spainish newspapers
it is not very usual.

> From: Jacob Hecht <hecht_j at netvision.net.il>
> Subject: [Air-l] TalkBacks

> In Israel "talk-backing" is quite common over the
net. That is public
newsgroup's "string"
> style. I haven't seen this phenomena on news
websites (e.g CNN.com ;
> nytimes.com) and was wondering:
>

> a) Are "talk backs" practiced in other countries?

The main five newspapers don't offer the chance to add
a comment to the news. There is one expception,
http://www.20minutos.es, a free newspaper distributed
in the tube, that is the second most read newspaper in
Spain, if you visit its website yo can see that the
news are really short but there are docens of comment
from readers (an example:
http://www.20minutos.es/madrid/?noti=62427 )

> b) What is the origin of this activity?
Is the origin related to blogs?, perhaps it is a
posibility, but I really don't know.

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we
exchange our apples then you and I will still each
have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an
idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will
have two ideas."
George Bernard Shaw

_______Visit Me AT:
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/adolfoestalella/adolfoindex.html______