[Air-l] network density on friendster

Aldon Hynes ahynes1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 11:24:36 PDT 2003

I connected to Friendster several months ago.  Many of
my friends from LambdaMOO and LiveJournal were on, and
my network grew quite rapidly.  I was hoping that it
would be some interesting variante of sixdegrees.com

Unfortunately, I didn't find anything useful in
friendster; I had better ways to communicate with my
network, so I pretty much left it idle.

That was, until someone from the Howard Dean campaign
mentioned friendster.  I reconnected to find that my
network was upto around 100K people.  I found that
'Howard Dean' is in the network.  I added him and I
now have 165K friends.

(As a side comment, 'God' is also on Friendster, and I
believe that 'God' is a friend of a friend of mine.
Actually searching for God, you find several choices.
One of my more interesting connections to 'God' is

Me <==> Howard <==> dubya <==> Jesus <==> God )

That said, I still haven't found any good use for it,
and as it has grown it has gotten much more
unreliable.

Aldon