[Air-l] Domestication and computers (old topic)

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 01:33:01 PDT 2003

Dear colleagues -

I remember a vague promise to send some material on
the domestication of technology, especially in the
Scandanavian literature. I believe the material that I
was orginally looking for is contained in Silverstone,
R. and E. Hirsch, Eds. (1992). Consuming technologies:
Media and information in domestic spaces. London,
Routledge. Which is a bit old.
I can refer any of you interested to the following
book: Green, E. and A. Adam, Eds. (2001). Virtual
Gender: Technology, consumption and identity. London,
Routledge.

The References in the back (too many to type out here)
give a pretty good overview of this material.

Cheers, Denise

=====
"Stupidity is not just a lack of content; it's also a process"
Denise N. Rall, Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator &
PhD student, School of EnvironSciMgmt, Southern Cross University,
PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW, 2480 Australia
Phone +61-2-6624-8627 Fax +61-2-6624-8637
Office (Tuesdays) (02) 6620 3577 Mob 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/edu/research/deniserall/index.html