[Air-l] AEJMC Panel on New Media

Jonathan Lillie jlillie at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Jul 5 07:33:49 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to find someone going to AEJMC in Kansas City at the end of
the month to take my place on a panel on new areas in new media research.

Here's the abstract for the panel. If you are interested please email me
ASAP at: jlillie at email.unc.edu

Thanks, Jonathan

PANEL SUMMARY: As new media technologies develop and gain attention as
significant impactors upon society, the field is hard pressed to keep
up.  How do Mass Communication researchers evaluate the importance of
developing communication technologies, and how should they approach
new entertainment and information media?  Panelists will discuss
communication technologies that have been explored to a comparatively
limited degree, addressing both the importance of these new directions
and the approaches that might be taken.

-----
Jonathan James McCreadie Lillie
-----
jlillie at email.unc.edu
http://www.ibiblio.org/jlillie
-----
Managing Editor
NMEDIAC, The Journal of New Media & Culture
http://www.nmediac.net
-----
Park Doctoral Fellow
The School of Journalism & Mass Communication