[[Air-l] TalkBacks]

Joanie McCollom joanie at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Jul 16 13:06:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

This definitely happens in Malaysia, where the press is very controlled. This
activity is part of my PhD dissertation, which I am currently writing. (We can
talk more offline about overlaps in our work, if you're interested.)

I don't think we see it as much on CNN because by and large American audiences
believe their media to be free and thus are less critical of what they read.

-joanie