[Air-l] TalkBacks

Serge Courrier serge.courrier at pobox.com
Fri Jul 18 05:18:35 PDT 2003

Hi,

In France, Talback features have been frequently used two or three years ago
in news sites. But the difficulty of managing such a service (moderator
needed to avoid injurious or diffamatory contributions), the risk of having
useless flams, a.s.o., have stopped most of the initiatives. Also, I think
that some (perhaps "most") of newspapers have dicculties to accept direct
open critics of their work.

Now, you can find some serious news sites with talkback feature, like this
example
http://www.01net.com/article/212188.html

In fact, most of the "web talkback culture" is now playing in "blogspace".

Best regards

Serge