[Air-l] Children Go Online

Bober,M M.Bober at lse.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 06:22:28 PDT 2003

Dear colleagues,

may I draw your attention to the new web site for our project 'Children Go Online: Emerging Opportunities and Dangers': www.children-go-online.net

'Children Go Online' is based at the London School of Economics and run by Prof. Sonia Livingstone. As part of the project, we will be conducting a nation-wide survey of 9 to 19 year-olds in the UK related to our four key themes in connection to the internet:

(1) Communication, identity and participation in social networks
(2) Education, learning and literacy
(3) Digital inequalities
(4) Inappropriate or unwelcome content

We aim to make the web site a resource for related research on children and the internet, and we will add new material as the project progresses. Currently, children-go-online.net contains a list of related surveys on young people and use of the internet, including short summaries and links you might be interested in. As experts in this field, I am sure that you are aware of other surveys we can add to our list. If so, please email me on m.bober at lse.ac.uk.

Kind regards,

Magdalena Bober

Magdalena Bober
Research Officer