[Air-l] Model/Framework for studying Internet user behaviour in broadband environment

Frank Thomas frank.thomasftr at free.fr
Sun Mar 16 04:17:55 PST 2003

Yogesh,

it is not clear whether you will study domestic, or private, or
business, or public, or educational, or research, or associative, or
collective users and their behaviour. There is quite a lot of research
on domestic use (which is often confounded with private use) and
professional/business use (which is often confounded with use at the
office).

A good start is bibliography established by Leslie Haddon: where the
domestication theory coined by Silverstone & Haddon receives an
important place, of course:
http://members.aol.com/leshaddon/ICTRefs.html

A running European research program, eLiving,  includes an empirical
analysis of Broadband uses:

Anderson, B., Gale, C., Jones, M., and McWilliam, A. (2002)
Domesticating Broadband: what 'consumers' really do with flat rate,
always on and fast Internet access. BT Technology Journal, Vol 20,
Number 1. pp103-114 <http://www.btexact.com/ideas/papers?doc=72736>.
January 2002.

Also go to: http://www.eurescom.de/e-living/ to see the deliverables

What about diffusion research?

You should be more specific to get more precise answers.

Good luck,

Frank Thomas
Rosny, France