[Air-l] peace

Nils Zurawski zurawsk at uni-muenster.de
Wed Mar 19 18:18:02 PST 2003

  David,

at 2.10 am 3/20/2003 I am checking my email to find your posting..
which list approriate or not.. touched me... the deadline has passed
and for weeks no one listened... to no protest to no official to no
inspector... nada...  I am angry, fearful, outraged about this....
pro peace - certainly not a friend of Saddam... and his
philantropists of earlier years... Reagan and Bush 1..... so yes the
INternet has helped to spread the word, get people on the street...
but did it really help to prevent the war .. or to rather blame it on
them afterwards... I am not sure... we are certainly not anymore in
the realm of the unknown.. but what did we win... sorry for the
fatalism here...  when the first shot will be fired... collegues of
mine will be getting a phone call to get their butts in gear to rush
to the newsroom to cover the whole thing...online... as if somebody
cares in Germany at this time of the day... I may be covering for
them tommorrow... despite a week off..... so that is the Internet as
well....   seem to have lost my clue here... anyway... I am with
David, but sceptical if the INterent really does make a change.. or
only for us... that we fell better...  disillusioned... nilz