[Air-l] job annoucement

Eszter Hargittai eszter at myway.com
Fri Mar 21 14:10:03 PST 2003

I got this on another list and thought some of you here may be interested.  I don't know anything about the position.

Eszter
http://www.eszter.com | http://www.esztersblog.com

New Job Announcement:

For Fall, 2003, a two-year position in either Sociology of the Media
or Media History in a young and vital interdisciplinary Media and
Society Program at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (Geneva, New
York). The curriculum emphasizes politics and the media, social
documentary, ideology and the media, and discourses of race, class,
and gender in the media. This position is to teach five courses per
academic year, including introductory courses in Media and Society,
as well as courses in media theory, cultural studies and the media,
and/or aspects of television and society, depending on the
candidate's areas of interest and professional development. Hobart
and William Smith is embarking on a period of increasing the
available tenure lines; hence, there is a possibility that this line
will convert to a permanent position. We will begin interviewing the
first week of April and will make a final decision at the end of
April. Ph.D. preferred, but we will consider ABDs who are close to
finishing the dissertation. Please send a letter of interest, a cv,
and the names of three references to: Linda Robertson, Media and
Society Program, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, New York,
14456.