[Air-l] peace

Irene Berkowitz berkowitz at mail.temple.edu
Thu Mar 20 11:41:32 PST 2003

Hi Steve,

For a moment of digression to academic things.  The paper I just
submitted to AoIR is about transpositions/tranformations on time and
space and the focus on time.

Great minds think alike.  It is really difficult to put together and
grossly understudied.

Hope all is well in spite of the war.  I feel hopeless, except to make
my students more aware.

It's important to note that
all conversations occur in some sense at the expense of others, in
part because when a voice is raised it is difficult to raise others
without causing a din, but mainly because such is time (itself an
_enormously_ under-studied matter in internet studies, the cost of a
focus on space)

Irene Berkowitz
Program Director, Curricular Publications and Systems
Office of the Vice Provost
Temple University
tel. 215-204-7596  fax. 215-204 3175
berkowitz at mail.temple.edu