[Air-l] The internet as community

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Mar 8 09:55:31 PST 2003

Folks,
My apologies for crossposting, but this may be fun for some of you:

I'm the Technology and Community subeditor of the Sage Encyclopedia of
Community, 4 vols, due out 6/03.

As the final act in its production, we are compiling a list of popular
stuff related to community. I'd dearly love to include a bunch related to
the Internet. Some categories; Non Fiction Books (I've already put in
Rheingold - Virtual Community, 2d ed), Fictional Books (I've
already put in Handmaid's Tale, Snowcrash, Neuromancer), Music, Shows,
Films.

If you have any ideas, please send them to me. Remember, no technical
stuff and no papers.

Thanks,
 Barry

  wellman at chass.utoronto.ca   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman

             Just Out: _The Internet in Everyday Life_
Barry Wellman & Caroline Haythornthwaite, eds. Oxford: Blackwell, 2002