[Air-l] new media reader article suggestions

ebucy ebucy at indiana.edu
Mon Mar 10 08:28:10 PST 2003

Hi,

I haven't posted much to this list but I'm writing to ask for help with
article ideas for the revised edition of my new media reader, Living in
the Information Age (Wadsworth, 2002). I have some new additions in mind
but would welcome any suggestions. Given the profusion of writing on new
media, information technology, Internet studies, and related topics, I
suspect there are many gems out there I am not aware of. Any suggestions
will of course be acknowledged in the next edition. I thought it would be
worthwhile to make this process a little more interactive than usual, and
open up the content to potential users of the reader. I'm looking for
medium length magazine articles, readable academic essays, book chapters,
newsfeatures, and the like. The reader is geared towards an introductory
readership.

For more information about the reader, here's the publisher's
(horrendously long) URL (copy and paste it into your browser):
http://www.wadsworth.com/cgi-wadsworth/course_products_wp.pl?fid=M2b&discipline_number=25&product_isbn_issn=0534590497#tableofcontents

David Silver has also posted two online reviews and an editor's response
to the reader on his Resource Center for Cyberculture Studies site, in the
book review section for December 2002:
http://www.com.washington.edu/rccs/booklist.asp

The RCCS is a great resource if you haven't checked it out yet.

Any suggestions appreciated. If you'd like, I can send you the detailed
table of contents for the current edition. Thanks!

Erik

Erik P. Bucy, Ph.D.                                 tel 812-856-5207
Assistant Professor                                 fax 812-855-7955
Dept. of Telecommunications
1229 E. 7th Street
Indiana University                                 ebucy at indiana.edu
Bloomington, IN 47405-5501             http://php.indiana.edu/~ebucy