[Air-l] peace

robert m. tynes rtynes at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 19 19:41:59 PST 2003

I watch the brief bomb-run over Baghdad and feel bummed. It has happened,
and I'm seeing it on TV. But you know what? Tom Brokaw can't hear
how sad I am, and Dan Rather certainly cannot hear my rants. If the
internet makes even a wee bit of difference, it's right here, right now.
Maybe I can't stop the *war* with e-mail, but I certainly can voice my
extreme disapproval of Bush and all his heinous actions, and have it,
hopefully, recorded in the aoir archives. It's a tiny bit of history, but
one that I want to help shape, so that when some geeky studenten like me
comes along twenty years from now, he/she won't say, "there was a war
going on and nobody was talking about it, speaking out. How could they
have been so oblivious, so blind, or even worse, silent?"

peace, peace, peace,

robert