[Air-l] Re: lt-smash.us 'fraud'

Bram Dov Abramson bda at bazu.org
Sun Mar 30 13:37:07 PST 2003

JASON NOLAN <jason at jasonnolan.net>, 30-3-2003:
>I found out that although CNN says that lt-smash
>is a popular blog of a solder who has been in the US for months, the
>blog is probably a fake. Running the Unix whois command shows that
>the blog was started after the war started (created March 21) and
>that...

... it may well be a fake, of course.  But it seems that lt-smash.us was previously at lt-smash.com (registered 26 Dec 2002), and perhaps on some subdirectory before that.

A google search (lt-smash and hosting) turns up an lt-smash thank-you to a "Kevin and his brother in California again for registering and hosting this web site for me", and another "We would also like to take this opportunity to thank the folks over at Chinpokomon.com for graciously hosting this site and helping to maintain the author's anonymity."

Chinpokomon.com turns out to be the personal site of a "Kevin" who "used to have a job doing computer stuff in San Diego - and I will get it back when I return."  Kevin presented himself in October 2002, when registering the chinpokomon.com domain name, as Kevin Mickey of La Mesa, California.

And so on.

cheers
Bram