[Air-l] The Construction of Celebrity on the Internet?

SocAdmin admin at sociopranos.com
Thu Mar 27 06:23:56 PST 2003

Hi everyone,
 I am currently working on my fourth year thesis and I am trying to find
something regarding how the Internet has become a new area for the
construction of celebrity. What i mean by this is that traditionally the
main way that the audience received their views of stars was from officially
endorsed studio means such as interviews, press releases, publicity photos
etc. Now however, the internet acts as a producer of texts on celebrities
such as newsgroups, forums, websites etc. Would anyone know of any published
authors who discuss this?
Thanks
Angela
Sociopranos - Society Redefined: All new members welcome!
www.sociopranos.com
eLearning, ICT and Social Inclusion Discussion Forum
http://bbs.odeluce.stir.ac.uk