[Air-l] Denial of Service attack against al Jazeera

Karim R. Lakhani lakhani at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 27 13:00:23 PST 2003

DNS attacks are not NEW.  It is surprising that the Al-Jazeera ISP and
web admins did not anticipate this kind of a response.  Especially given
the barrage of denunciations they have received in the US media and by
US politicians.  There are *known* ways to overcome DNS.  They should
have been smarter about it.