[Air-l] Re: Air-l digest, Vol 1 #646 - 10 msgs

Shelia Cotten cotten at umbc.edu
Sat Mar 1 20:20:51 PST 2003

Hello everyone.

I would hope that there are enough methodological issues to be addressed to merit having two panels for AoIR 4.0.  In contrast to Nancy and Annette's
session, my panel session will focus moreso (although not 100%) on quantitative methodological issues associated with Internet research. For example, one
topic will address applying Don Dillman's 'tailored design' to Internet surveys with college student populations.  Another topic to be discussed includes
ways of collecting data via the Internet that may be missed with telephone surveys, and issues of nonresponse for sensitive questions in Internet
surveys.  Other topics will be included as abstracts are received.

Hopefully this session will advance our understanding of various methodological issues as they are applied to Internet research.

If anyone is still interested in submitting an abstract for this session, please do so by Tuesday.  Please submit it to me directly at cotten at umbc.edu.

Thanks.

Shelia

Shelia R. Cotten, PhD