[Air-l] Any questionnaire on people's opinions on "fake" information on the net?

Yvonne Waern yvowa at tema.liu.se
Sat Mar 1 10:36:07 PST 2003

Dear everybody,

You are such a wonderful source of information, so now I wonder if
anybody knows about any questionnaire that aims at investigating
people's opinions on "fake" information on the net?

The "fake" information maybe mirror sites where central information
has been changed, or sites with information that looks sensible, but
at closer inspection turns out not to be so.

Note: We do not intend to cover by the questionnaire information
about porn, hate-speech or similar sites. The questionnaire I am
thinking about should cover made up information, for instance about
history, medicine, or scientific knowledge. (Actually the type of
information is not essential).

We are also interested in questionnaires that might show people's
attitudes towards free speech on the internet. What would be liked,
disliked or even desired to be prohibited?

If you have any knowledge about such inventories, surveys or
questionnaires, please tell me! Interview guides would also be
interesting.

Thanks in advance
Yvonne

PS This is intended as part of a doctoral dissertation concerned with
free speech on the internet.
--
Yvonne Wærn, Professor em, PhD.
Department of Communication Studies,