[Air-l] Denial of Service attack against al Jazeera

Guillaume Latzko-Toth latzko-toth.guillaume at uqam.ca
Thu Mar 27 11:37:28 PST 2003

Thank you Frank for this follow-up. I hope that some investigation will be
done just like when the website of eBay and co. were attacked. I would not
be surprised to learn that this DoS was the fact of an individual "hacker"
motivated by sheer hatred. Paradoxically, the difficulty of controlling the
Internet is like a double-edged weapon: it can make happen the blooming of
blogs, but in a context of high-scale misinformation/desinformation and
manipulation of public opinion, it can also generate self-justice
behaviors, the "cyber-Rambo" syndrome.

Guillaume