[Air-l] call for nominations: Technology Innovator Award

Cogdill, Sharon E. SCogdill at stcloudstate.edu
Sun Mar 30 09:56:03 PST 2003

	Technology Innovator Award

	The CCCC Committee on Computers in Composition and Communication will honor an innovator in our community at the 2003 Computers and Writing Conference at Purdue University, and we need your help to identify a person who has pushed our field to better excellence in teaching, more rigorous scholarship, and deeper levels of service. Among other qualities, this year's innovator will be the person who has done the most to help other teachers use computer-mediated learning and teaching and has served as a mentor to those new to computers and composition.

	In more friendly terms, this award might be called the Troublemaker Award. This year's recipient should be a person who pushes the envelope, who moves us beyond the cutting edge to the bleeding edge, who is willing to open the technological Pandora's Box, knowing full well that the challenges and work that we'll meet as that Box is opened will strengthen our community and make our classes better.

	The recipient of the Technology Innovator Award might be referred to as a living legend, an outstanding leader, or an electronic pioneer who calls our assumptions into question, urging us to engage in an active search for new and exciting ways to accomplish our pedagogical goals in the composition classroom.

	Successful nominees for the award might be independent scholars; graduate students; adjuncts; contract staff and academic professionals; contingent faculty; tenure-track faculty; scholars at community colleges; teaching colleges; other non-research based institutions; and other non-tenured individuals.

	  Criteria for the Award

	The recipient of the Technology Innovator Award

	-  has made a groundbreaking or foundational contribution to the field of computers and composition
	-  demonstrates outstanding teaching achievements with computer technologies
	-  provides on-going support and encouragement to the community, in particular to those who teach with computer technologies

	-  contributes to the field through scholarship & publication in print and electronic media (including such media as journal articles, discussion lists, hypertexts, book authorship, and editorial work)

	Method of Selection Nomination Process

	A nomination should consist of a message which includes specific details on the nominee's award qualifications. Nominations should contain information on accessing materials that demonstrate the nominee's work. Nominations can be submitted by an individual, a group of individuals, or a professional organization or (e.g., the Assembly for Computers on English, the Alliance for Computers and Writing, or the CCCC Caucus on Intellectual Property and Composition). Self nominations are encouraged.

	Nominations may be sent to:

	Keith Dorwick, Asst. Professor
	Department of English
	The University of Louisiana at Lafayette
	P.O. Box 44691
	Lafayette, LA 70504-4691

	Nominations for the Technology Innovator Award may also be sent via email to 7C's Awards Committee at innovator at louisiana.edu.

	DEADLINE: April 27, 2003.