[Air-l] history

Quentin (Gad) Jones qgjones at acm.org
Mon Mar 24 18:42:32 PST 2003

Well I think people should remember that this is the second Internet
Gulf war.

There was a book published by an individual on the messages he sent to
an email list I was on in 1991.

"Notes from a Sealed Room: An Israeli View of the Gulf War"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/080931830X/thealmostcomplet/104-6681170-8189502

Here are some IRC archives from Israel and the first gulf war

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/communications/logs/Gulf-War/

Related newspaper articles.

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/academic/communications/papers/irc/Michigan.Daily.article

First Monday had a discussion of the lost of this material.
http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue4_9/lukesh/

All this relates to historical consciousness, media, and the current
debate.  I find it interesting on this point to reflect on the words of
Alistair Cooke Broadcasting from the US to the world since the 1930s.
Yes he is now in his 90s.  He talks about his memories and how the past
relates to today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/letter_from_america/215344.stm

Regards
Quentin