[Air-l] Content Analysis software

Mark D. Harmon mdharmon at utk.edu
Tue May 13 11:59:01 PDT 2003

Dear fellow researchers,				May 13, 2003
	I am working with a graduate student this summer on a project
involving children's web sites (sites whose prime intended audience =
children).  She is interested in doing some content analysis of such sites.
My question is: what software do you recommend for such a project?  I think
she is interested primarily in text, but might also look at
photos/graphics, etc.  On a more general level, I tend to work with Macs.
Are there Mac content analysis programs for other projects (notably news
stories and newscast script) and how do these compare to Windows-based
programs--or even old ASCII/DOS driven programs like VBPro?      --Mark
Harmon

Mark D. Harmon, associate professor, Univ. of Tennessee
Dept. of Broadcasting, 333 Communications & UEB,
Knoxville, TN  37996-0333
865-974-5122 office,  865-974-2814 fax, 865-524-4026 home
mdharmon at utk.edu	 	markdharmon at yahoo.com