[Air-l] Policy Analyst, Center for Democracy and Technology (Internet civil liberties)
rgmagnolia at earthlink.com
Wed May 14 05:09:08 PDT 2003
Policy Analyst, Center for Democracy and Technology
The Center for Democracy and Technology is seeking a policy analyst to
support its work on Internet civil liberties and policy issues. The job
offers an exciting opportunity to help shape emerging policy issues
surrounding the Internet and other new digital media.
CDT is a non-profit public interest group, based in Washington DC,
dedicated to promoting civil liberties and human rights online. CDT is one
of the world's premier Internet advocacy organizations, with a global
reputation and well-respected staff. CDT works at the cutting edge of
online policy issues concerning privacy and security, free expression,
government surveillance and national security, digital copyright, and
international policy issues. For more information see <http://www.cdt.org/>
The primary responsibilities of the Policy Analyst will be to --
- research and analyze current digital technology policy issues;
- draft policy papers, reports, Congressional testimony, and other pieces
about current issues affecting the Internet and civil liberties;
- coordinate working groups and organize meetings and conferences; and
- assist CDT's legal staff in developing and articulating CDT's policy
The position will focus initially on issues surrounding digital copyright
and communications privacy.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Policy Analyst is a junior professional position on
CDT's staff, designed for candidates with up to three years experience
after graduation from an undergraduate or graduate degree program. An ideal
candidate would have --
- experience with Internet, technology, or media policy issues;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- dedication to CDT's public interest mission;
- excellent planning and organizational skills;
- attention to detail, resourcefulness, and self-motivation.
CDT offers lots of autonomy within a team environment. Minority, female,
disabled and GLBT applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience. CDT also offers
excellent benefits, including health benefits, a retirement plan, and
generous vacation and leave.
TO APPLY please send an email stating your interest in CDT and Internet
policy, along with a resume and short writing sample (max. 10 pages), to
<dani at cdt.org> by May 12, 2003.
The Center for Democracy and technology is an equal opportunity employer,
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual
or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.
More information about the Air-l